Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Updates

Today took DS to library to check out some books for him. Somehow he doesn't seem interested in reading books. He would read just word books - like baby's first 100 words (only one word per page). I tried GoodNight moon book with him couple of times - he simply turns the pages, not stopping a second for me to show him anything. He is 21 months - am I expecting too much ?

While we were coming back, he decided to sleep on the road. Yes! He was calm, quiet walking and all of sudden, he is lying down straight on the road. What was he thinking! Today he did this for the first time so I am quite amused - I am sure I'll be ready to hit him, next time he does that.

You know, last month or so - I have noticed quite a few changes in him.
-He's growing up fast and a part of me isn't very excited about it.
-He is getting harder to discipline, if I tell him 'no' for something he laughs at me and does the same thing again. Is this the indication of terrible twos approaching ?
-He is showing some interest in recognizing Alphabets.
-Although I realized one problem : he is recognizing alphabets but he isn't speaking. If I point to alphabet 'A' and ask him what is it. He is not able to say 'A', stares blank at me and goes on to do his own thing. On the other hand if I ask him where's 'A' - he'll point to it. For that matter he'll not say any alphabet except 'B'.
He isn't talking words clearly yet. I have seen kids younger to him talk sentences. Not very worried yet but yes I am very well aware that he is going to talk late. I'll discuss with his pediatrician next appointment.

1 comment:

Indian in NZ said...

'Every child is different' is all I can say.

Regarding the travel - Don't worry too much, he may surprise you !